Message from the Founder
Having discovered my local lanes in my twenties, now in my forties with over twenty years of local knowledge I’d like to give others the experience and enjoyment of motorcycle trail riding in Hertfordshire.
– Christian Roberts, Herts Byway Tours
Herts Byway Tours is based at Chiltern Young Riders motocross track Berkhamsted, located in the Chiltern Hills an area of outstanding natural beauty.
As Trailriders, we have access to a field track and woodland area, with ruts and hazards you’d find on a byway. Here you’d gain the basic skills, before heading out on the highways and byways of the scenic Hertfordshire countryside.
Trail Riding Experience Days
You will receive a warm welcome before dressing for adventure and being introduced to your trail bike in our controlled track environment before heading out to ride the trails, stopping for lunch to refuel, leaving the afternoon for more trail riding back to base.
Our friendly experienced team will support you through a variety of terrain, which can change across the seasons, naturally being more challenging after rain or in mid winter.
The Byways we ride are known as Byways Open to All traffic (B.O.A.T) as the name suggests, people can also walk, horse ride, drive and cycle down most byways, some have restrictions or other classifications you’ll learn about on the day, where you can ride and where you can’t.
Booking: email firstname.lastname@example.org for avaliable spaces.
What we provide
- Kawasaki KLX 250 trail bikes (see below) – (Riders Minimum age 30yrs with a Cat A Motorcycle Licence, a damage contribution may be applicable if excess damage occurs)
- Basic skills practice session
- Helmet, clothing and safety protection
- All included £250
What you need to bring
- Signed disclaimer forms
- Cat A motorcycle licence
- Season specific base layer
- A small rucksack for any personal items
- Pocket money for extra drinks or snacks
- Own Bike Riders Beginner or Intermediate: Bike and rider must be fully road legal, joined in for the whole day for £75 (Responsible for own fuel and lunch)